- Why Is My Water a Rusty Color?
- If you have a traditional hot water heater, the discoloration can be due to rust inside of your aging tank. If you notice this, it can signal it’s time to replace your system with a newer unit.
- What Should I Expect During a Tankless Water Heater Installation?
- Tankless water heaters can require an involved installation process. This can include extensive piping, along with proper venting and electrical expertise.
- Why Isn’t My Furnace Turning On?
- If the temperature in your house is dipping below the setting on the thermostat and your furnace isn’t turning on, it can be due to several issues - including a problem with the sensor. Call us to let our heating contactors examine the issue and repair it.
- "What Happens During a Furnace Tune-Up?
- When you schedule a routine tune-up with a professional, you can expect the heating contractor to examine the inner components of the unit to ensure they are functioning properly. If any parts or belts seem to be failing or showing signs of wear and tear, the professional may recommend replacing them during the maintenance service rather than waiting until the part fails later - requiring further repairs.
- Why Do I Need a Filter Replacement Service?
- Having your filters replaced regularly can have several benefits, including making your air conditioner more efficient and improving your indoor air quality. Changing them regularly - about every three months -- can also help you enforce a warranty on your system.
- When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
- When determining when to replace your air conditioner, there are several factors to consider. Some of these can include the age of your unit (if it’s older than 15 years old), if it’s losing efficiency, and if it can properly cool your house or building to the desired temperature. You should also determine how many repairs your unit needs. If it needs several repairs or a costly fix, it can be more cost-effective to replace the unit with a newer model.
- Why Isn’t My House Cooling off Even When My AC Unit Is Running?
- If your air conditioner is running but your house is not cooling to the temperature set on the thermostat, or if the AC unit is blowing out warm air, it can signal you need to recharge your refrigerant. Schedule an appointment with our AC experts to investigate the cause and fix it.
At First Choice Plumbing Inc, we’re used to getting questions. Our clients are smart to want to understand their home’s plumbing issues and solutions, and we’re happy to answer their questions. Part of our focus as plumbing contractors in Gainesville, FL is helping homeowners prevent issues altogether and that always starts by being informed. To that end, these are some of the most common questions we see on a day to day basis.