The plumbing system of the home is a hidden network of pipes and drains that keep your home’s water and sewage running smoothly. When something goes wrong, it can be hard to troubleshoot exactly where the issue arose if you don’t have the right tools and experience for the job. Luckily, our plumbing contractors at First Choice Plumbing Inc have the experience and technology necessary to handle just about any plumbing problem. With years of local experience, highly educated staff, and a focus on customer care, you can count on us for all your La Crosse plumbing service needs.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from homeowners in your area.
Plumbing Emergencies to Watch Out For
Any plumbing issue can seem like a disaster. However, there are some plumbing issues that can wait a day or two for a plumber to fix. Not only can they prevent you from using your plumbing system, but in many instances, they can cause irreparable damage too. Some situations that require immediate attention include:
- Flooding: Any time water is flooding your home, whether it be a slow flow or not, you need to call in an emergency plumber. Flooded homes are breeding grounds for mold and bacteria, and the damages from flooding can cost thousands of dollars plus hours on the phone with insurance and water remediation specialists.
- Burst or Frozen Pipes: Cold winter weather and fluctuating temperatures are prime suspects for burst pipes in the home. When pipes burst inside the home, flooding is sure to follow. Burst pipes also create the perfect entrance for sewage and contaminated water to enter the home.
- Leaking Plumbing: Leaks may seem like a small problem, but they are usually indicative of a bigger problem. Pressure changes, pipe erosion, or loose parts can be the cause of leaks. Over time, leaks can damage the home’s materials around them, leading to costly drywall, carpet, or tile repair.
At First Choice Plumbing Inc, we are your La Crosse emergency plumbing contractor. We always have an expert on call and provide efficient and reliable plumbing repairs.
Troubleshooting Clogged Drains
Even with the best upkeep and maintenance, clogs happen. Determining if your drain is clogged can be a challenge. If you suspect a clogged drain or are experiencing any of the following problems, our plumbers can help:
- Slow Drainage: If it takes the bathtub or sinks forever to drain, you’ve probably got a clogged drain in the house. But, not all clogs are close to the slow drain. Clogs deep into the plumbing can cause slow drains far from the clog.
- Foul Smelling Drains: If the drains have a rotten smell coming from them, you probably have a clog that’s collecting sewage or growing bacteria somewhere along the sewage line. It’s important to get this addressed before the drains become backed up and flood.
- Backed Up Drains: Back up drains are usually the worst sign of a clogged drain. When drains and their corresponding pipes backup, sewage and contaminated water can flood back into the home. Such instances are dangerous to a home’s integrity and the health of the occupants. Any residential plumbing contractor worth their salt will tend to this emergency right away.
At First Choice Plumbing Inc, we offer high-quality drain cleaning services that only address the blockage, but remove all traces to ensure a long-term fix for your plumbing.
Looking for more helpful tips for your plumbing? Be sure to subscribe to our blog to learn plumbing tips and tricks from our experienced plumbers.
Signs the Water Heater Needs Replacement or Repairs
It’s easy to take access to hot water for granted, but when the water heater starts to fail in the house, hot water can become nonexistent. Your home’s water heater will give you several warning signs before it completely fails.
- Age: Probably the easiest sign to discover is the age of the water heater. Older units tend to be gas water heaters, which are less efficient and only last about a decade. The older the unit, the more likely its eventual failure is.
- Inconsistent Temperatures: If the water takes several minutes to heat up or never seems able to reach a hot level, water heater maintenance is needed. There’s a chance that a hot water repair service will be able to replace individual parts to fix the heater, but older units will likely need replacing.
- Strange Sounds: When the water heater starts making popping or banging noises, it needs a visit from a plumber. Water heater maintenance can usually take care of the sediment that has developed in the heater which, when heated, causes popping sounds. If the sediment is not removed, the unit can explode.
- Leaking or Erosion: Leaks are indicative of loose parts of erosion of the water heater. When leaks and erosion are evident, there is likely rust within the unit, and the only solution is to replace the water heater.
While replacing the water heater can be expensive, its benefits far out way the costs. Replacing a gas water heater with an electric tankless water heater makes a home more efficient and produces hot water on demand, reducing the home’s electric bill. At First Choice Plumbing Inc, we stand ready to handle any and all La Crosse plumbing repair work.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription