Planning new construction on a home or a business is a very exciting time. Making all of the decisions about designing or decorating your new home or choosing what will be your image as a business makes you anticipate the future. The construction process is a fun time but it is also a time to make sure everything goes right. With any trade, it is vitally important that all of the components of your new construction are installed in such a way that you will get the maximum amount of use out of them. When choosing a plumbing contractor to help you with your new construction project, trust the professionals at First Choice Plumbing. Our plumbers have years of experience helping people just like you with new construction plumbing services and are available to help you today!
In addition to new construction projects, we can also help update your home’s plumbing system with a whole-home repiping project!
What Are New Construction Plumbing Services?
In modern construction, reliable plumbing is essential to every building or home. No structure is complete without properly installed and inspected plumbing. To make sure that your residential or commercial plumbing operates reliably for years, it is important that everything is installed correctly with a high level of craftsmanship.
When planning for new plumbing, expect plumbers to install the following infrastructure in your home or business:
- Piping: One of the most obvious responsibilities of a new construction plumber is to install all of the piping that is required for distributing water around your home. A good plumber will discuss the pros and cons of different materials and what to expect from each one.
- Shut-off Valves: Shut-off valves are important for ensuring the safety of a plumbing system. Shut-off valves allow plumbers and homeowners to isolate sections of plumbing when breakdowns occur or when properties will be vacant.
- Sewer Lines: Proper installation of sewer lines is important to ensure that waste reliably flows away from your home and that backups don’t happen down the road. Improperly installed sewer lines are a constant hassle and will eventually need to be replaced at great cost to the owner.
- Water Lines: Plumbers are responsible for hooking up everything from the city’s meter all the way to the house. This involves planning where water will enter the home and trenching the building site so that water lines can be installed according to codes.
- Fixtures: Fixtures are where the design concepts of the homeowner or business owner can be recognized. Nice fixtures are important design elements that add character to every space where plumbing is available.
- Appliances: No new construction installation is complete without installing new hot water heaters, dishwashers, or washing machines. Plumbers are required to hook these up to maintain their safety and ensure that their warranty stays intact.
At First Choice Plumbing, we love helping clients with new construction plumbing services. We know how important good installation practices are to the longevity of your structure and its safety. Trust us to help you protect your investment by allowing us to install the plumbing for your new construction.
Dealing with a plumbing on your property? Our expert staff is available to help protect your property and ensure an effective repair solution.
The Importance of Professional New Construction Plumbing Installation
Modern construction is governed by a stringent set of codes that ensure that good practices are followed. Plumbing is no different. All plumbing is inspected to guarantee that certain guidelines were followed for installation. The reason for these guidelines is simple: they represent all of the accrued knowledge about how to practice good plumbing. When these codes are strictly followed, you can expect your plumbing to last for decades and some components, possibly centuries.
A prominent example of poor plumbing practices is represented by the number of slab leaks that occur every year. Slab leaks generally occur because copper piping was damaged during installation. The weakened wall of the pipe will eventually spring a leak, although the leak may not occur until decades after the structure is built. The costs and invasive procedures to fix a slab leak can be crippling. The slab must be jackhammered up, repairs made and concrete repoured.
At First Choice Plumbing, we follow all codes to their strictest interpretation. No home or business owner should have to upset their lives to fix the mistakes of unscrupulous plumbers from years ago. Our job is to help you protect your investment. Call us and see the difference that working with the best can make.